Most of us have scarves that lie around in our wardrobes not knowing what to do with them. The only time you use them is during the cold seasons. Others use them to tie their heads during the bad hair days or in the house when doing the weekend chores.
Scarves have been used as accessories to any outfit that we wear be it for the office, weekend gateway, a party be it formal or informal. The beauty about the scarves is that they come in different colors and can be worn as a tie, and halter top or as a belt. But today I will concentrate on using it to emphasize the usual plain top.
The number of times I have seen scarves worn by people is the usual tying around the neck in the form of a bowtie or as any other scarf. Those of us who are too conservative and would not want to show off our cleavage we can use the scarf to cover the cleavage instead of wearing spaghetti top inside the top.y…. Here are a few tips on how you can change your wardrobe look with different scarves.
The steps are so simple:-
- Fold the scarf into two or so depending on how big it is.
- Tie it around the neck of course you have your top on
- Bring the scarf together in line with the top.
- If the scarf is long you can fold it or tie it around the waist but make sure it is not seen below the top or if necessary make sure that it brings out some elegance.
- The scarf should be lighter preferably chiffon
- The top should have a low neckline
- Ensure that the scarf is well tied to avoid embarrassment